Montessori International College – an IB World School
Montessori International College is an IB World School. We offer the International Baccalaureate Career-related Program (IBCP) which is designed for students interested in pursuing a career-related education in the final two years of secondary school.
About the IB
The International Baccalaureate program was developed in 1968 and provides students with a curriculum and qualification that is recognised by universities around the world.
The IB program aims to develop learners who are inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced and reflective. These attributes are known as the IB Learner Profile.
This is reflected in the IB Mission Statement which is: “The International Baccalaureate® aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.”
The IB Career-related Program
The IB Career-related Program (IBCP) is for students aged 16 to 19 and incorporates the educational principles, vision and learner profile of the IB into a unique program that specifically addresses the needs of students who wish to engage in career-related studies that prepare students to follow their chosen pathways in life.
The Career-related Program enables students to:
- follow their chosen education and career pathways in life
- combine academic subjects with their personal and professional interests and skills
- engage in learning that makes a positive difference to their community
- think critically and creatively
- communicate clearly and effectively in a variety of situations
- effectively work independently and in collaboration with others
- consider new perspectives and other points of view
- develop greater self-confidence and self-awareness
- demonstrate high levels of resilience, flexibility and agility of mind
- be internationally-minded and globally aware
- apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios and situations.
At MIC we know the IB Career-related Program may not be the right course for everyone. We will work closely with students and families to shape the best course around their needs and passions. In some cases this may involve a hybrid program, incorporating elements of the IB combined with QCAA and vocational courses.